Southwest Austin Real Estate Blog
Mixed-Use & Solar-Powered B-Austin Set to Open in February 2017
Developers of mixed-use development B-Austin Community has set its opening date on Wednesday, February 1, 2017 for its latest project in Southwest Austin.
Community Coordinator Gray Godwin says that two three-story buildings of the mixed-use complex have been completed as of posting time. The project features 6,000 sq. ft. of commercial spaces, 14 apartments, and health care clinics housing doctors of physical therapy, psychology, and chiropractic care.
The focal points of the development's concept are its self-care and sustainability. Planned according to the provisions of the Austin Energy Green Build program, the project features environment-friendly use of solar power, water recycling facilities, rainwater collection, a zero-waste valet service, recycling servics, and valeted compositing. To read more about B-Austin, you can access their official website by clicking on this link....
Austin Police Department Releases Holiday Safety and Travel Tips for Locals and Tourists
With the surge of commuters expected for the holidays, the Austin Police Department has released certain guidelines on how to stay safe during the holiday rush:
A report released by the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport indicates that peak travel can be expected on December 20-23, December 27-30 and January 2-4, with peak times from 5 a.m. to 8 a.m., 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., and 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Make sure to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight is scheduled to depart. Complimentary Wi-Fi has also been made available to travelers who can connect to a Boingo Hotspot to track security check times, schedules, etc.
Travel by Car
A significant percentage of accidents that occur during the holidays are caused by drunk driving. To curb this, the Austin Police Department has extended the implementation of the Driving While Intoxicated Enforcement Initiative until January 1, 2017. The message is clear: Don't Drink and Drive.
If you are leaving home to enjoy the holidays elsewhere, the APD suggests that you follow these tips:
- Always lock doors and windows when leaving the house, even just for quick errands
- Before taking long trips, ask a neighbor or family member to watch over the house. A good way to thwart any burglary plans is to make the house appear occupied. Have a trusted individual pick up your newspapers and mail so it would appear that someone is home.
- Use automatic timers to switch indoor and outdoor lights on/off.
- A radio or television can be left on to make it sound/look like there's someone home.
- Don't tempt burglars into entering your home by hiding valuables, expensive gadgets, and even large displays of holiday gifts from the view of doors and windows.
- Instruct carriers to keep expected packages in the facility where you will come to personally pick...
Get Your Digital Copy of Southwest Austin Times Now!
Get the latest real estate news in your area! Southwest Austin Times is going digital. The official publication for Southwest Austin by Cain Realty Group is reaching out to a larger audience. If our hard copies aren't reaching your doorstep, you can easily access the latest news, trends, and all things Southwest Austin just by downloading our digital copy for the December issue here.
Get FREE access to the latest Southwest Austin market stats, real estate trends, investment advice, home design tips, and more, just by getting your very own downloadable copy.
Stay informed about the community! Download your very own copy and be in the know! Thank you for trusting Cain Realty Group, Austin's Most Trusted Home Buying and Home Selling Team!...