Southwest Austin Events for this Week: What You Need to Know
Looking for a fun-filled activity in Southwest Austin this week? We've got new store openings, seminars, and development projects lined up just for you! Here are some local events you might be interested in:
1. Income Tax Code Seminar- The Oak Hill Business and Professional Association is set to hold a luncheon on Thursday, February 2, to discuss updates and changes to the income tax code for the tax returns of 2016. The meeting will take place at Mandola's Italian Market, 4301 W. William Cannon Drive. A $15 will be charged to members and $20 for guests. For more details, you can access the organization's Facebook page here.
2. Welcome back, Lyft and Uber!- Statewide ride-hailing regulations may be the only thing standing between Austin and the return of Lyft and Uber on its streets this year. Rep. Eddie Rodriguez, D-Austin, explains that new regulations may reverse the vote Austinites too last May thet mandate fingerprint background checks for the services' drivers.
3. New Store!- Famous Valentina's Tex Mex will open a new store in Southwest Austin. The popular food trailer outlet located at 7612 Brodie Lane is a best-selling foodie spot for customers craving sandwiches, sides, and briskets. Stay tuned for more updates on when their store will open!
4. New 'The Salt Lick BBQ' Outlet- BBQ lovers, here's some good news for you! Salt Lick recently opened a food truck at the Moontower Saloon to cater to its loyal parishioners. This comes after Salt Lick's proven popularity while serving food at the local bar on a limited basis starting November 2016.
5. Get Movin' More Easily!- Austin Freight Systems, Inc. will soon move in to its new, $2.4 million headquarters along S. I-35 by third quarter of this year. The new building will house 55 logistics dispatchers, coordinators, and administrative staff. The freight brokerage firm plans to expand its operations in the larger new facility. Established in 1996, the company is one of the most trusted logistics providers in the area.
Post a Comment