Southwest Austin Events
8th Annual Apple Pie Giveaway
Thank you to everyone who came out and made our 8th Annual Apple Pie Giveaway such a HIT! We love this event as it gives us the opportunity to make new friendships in the community and reconnect with some familiar faces. We look forward to this each year and hope to see you all again next year!...
June Events and Activities in Austin, TX
Summer is finally here! Kick-start your summer with a fun-filled schedule of family events and activities. Check out the hottest summer events courtesy of our preferred title company, Texas National Title!
Mother's Day Tips to Ensure Mom Has The Best Day Ever
Mother's Day is approaching quickly and we want you to be covered, ensuring an amazing day for both you and mom. Follow DO512's Tips on how to have the best Mother's Day ever!
- Take her out for tea. Check out Brentwood Social House, The Steeping Room, Full English Cafe, the Four Seasons or the Driskill.
- Go see a show. Snag some tickets to Ballet Austin’s Peter Pan, hear a free Concert at the Capitol by Austin Symphonic Band, listen to a special Mother’s Day Piano Concert at Austin Scottish Rite Theatre, or enjoy Shakespeare in the Park for free on the Zilker Hillside.
- Visit a museum or garden. You can’t beat a stroll through...
Get Batty for This Austin Family Attraction!
Austin is home to the largest Mexican free-tail bat colony in North America, and Austinites love to celebrate those winged creatures. The colony lives underneath the Ann W. Richards Congress Avenue Bridge in downtown Austin.
While the "peak season" is in late July early August, it is still considered "Bat Season" in Austin right now! "Bat Season" takes place every year from March to November as the bats emerge around sunset to feed on a variety of flying insects. You can call the "bat hotline" at (512)327-9721 to see when bats have been emerging downtown.
Not sure where to spend your batty experience? We've got you covered! Here are a few of the most popular bat viewing locations downtown.
- Sit on the lawn / Stand on the bridge: The easiest thing to do is to pack a picnic and head down to the Statesman’s Bat Observation Center in the northwest corner of the parking lot at least an hour before dusk.
- Take a boat tour: Lone Star Riverboat offers public sightseeing cruises which are about an hour in length and which cost $10 per adult and $5-$7 for kids. Departure times vary slightly, depending on what time of year it is, and you do need to arrive a bit in advance. The boats are also BYOB so feel free to bring some drinks along for the cruise.
- Enjoy the view from afar: The north side of Lady Bird Lake has several hotels with restaurants, which have some of the best bat watching views. One casual dining option is ...
Join us this Thursday for the Think, DO, and Grow Rich Event
Candy Cain Lights Giveaway Winner!
The Holiday Season is our favorite time of the year, as everyone is in such a joyous and giving spirit! To celebrate, every year, our team rewards one very lucky Southwest Austin resident with a custom exterior holiday lighting package from Shine of Lakeway! We accept entries in November and love surprising the lucky winners on their doorstep with the fantastic news! Congratulations to this year's winner, Lisa Dufrene!
To stay in the loop about all of our contests and giveaways be sure to join our Loyalty Rewards program, Cain Club. Complete various small tasks to earn points for amazing prizes and services. Sign up TODAY on Cain Club.
2017 Southwest Austin Candy Cain Lights Contest Winners...
8th Annual Candy Cain Holiday Lights Contest
Every year, Cain Realty Group rewards one very lucky Southwest Austin resident with a custom exterior holiday lighting package from Dennington Decor. It's one of our favorite events we put together every year, and we love showing up at the winner's doorstep to surprise them with the fantastic news.
We begin accepting entries in November every year, and we usually surprise the lucky winner the first week of December. Residents can only win once, so make sure you fill out the entry form below to throw your name in the hat.
Click here to fill out your entry form!...
Southwest Austin Events: Weekly Update
There's always something interesting going on in Southwest Austin, and this week is no exception. Here are some updates/ events Southwest Austinites should know about going into this next week!
Austin Sound & Cinema - June 28, 2017
The four-show series showcases live bands paired with classic Hollywood movies at the Long Center. Doors and food trucks open at 6 p.m., with live music beginning at 7:30 p.m. and the movies beginning at 9 p.m. Free Admission
Setting Goals for Small Business Excellence Seminar - June 29, 2017
Setting Goals for Small Business Excellence provides a hands-on, step-by-step instructions for establishing goals & strategies, defining core values. The purpose of this class is to provide business owners with exactly what they need to discover their most important goals and how to go about achieving them. Attendees must register here! (6/29/2017)
El Chilito - Grand Opening! June 30, 2017
El Chilito is an East Austin taquería boasting a delicious selection of Tex-Mex & interior Mexican tacos along with a full espresso bar, and a whole lot of local charm. The Grant Opening will include a pig roast on Friday, June 30th from 6-8pm. CLICK HERE to check out their menu!